Can you ship to my location?
Yes, we do. We are proud to offer extensive international shipping services to over 200 countries like USA, North America, South America, Africa, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, UAE, Australia, New Zealand and many more. However, there are some locations we are unable to ship to. If you happen to be from one of those countries we will contact you.
Are all products original?
We only sell original products, coming directly from the manufacturers, authorized distributors or official resellers.
All products are therefore covered by the official warranty or the “extended warranty” – when it is provided.
Are all products compliant with my local standard?
The products listed within the online shop, in particular electronic components and equipment, meet the requirements of the European market (voltage 230 volts; connections according to European standards, CEE 7 plugs, two round pins of 4.8 mm / 0.19 inch diameter (19 mm / 0.75 inch long, centers 19 mm / 0.75 inch apart)).
Unless otherwise specified, all Faucets, Plumbing and Bathroom Fixtures are supplied with 1/2” G Thread (BSP) and can be easily converted to 1/2” NPT US Piping with a small connection adapter. Please contact us if you have further questions.
How to search products?
Search for products by entering the product name or keyword into the Search Bar at the top of any page. Try to enter a general description. The more keywords you use, the less products you will get in the results page. When you find a product you’re interested in, simply click the product name or the product image for more details.
What does the Buyer Protection include?
Our Buyer Protection is a set of guarantees that enables buyers to shop with confidence on our website.
You are protected when:
- The item you ordered did not arrive within the time promised.
- The item you received was not as described.
- The item you received was damaged during transport.
We stand 100% behind our products and the manufacturers who produce them, and we will make every effort to resolve any problems.
How long does shipping take?
Shipping is divided in 3 categories: goods below 30 kg / 66 lbs, goods above and made-to-order furniture as follows:
- All parcel shipments below 30 kg / 66 lbs for items in stock ready for delivery usually ship in 5 to 10 business days to US. We also offer special overnight express shipping on request for urgent orders.
- Goods above 30 kg / 66 lbs are shipped by airfreight which takes additional preparation for packaging protection measures such as bubble wrapping fragile items, adding additional stabilization or protection and palletizing the goods so there will be no damages during shipping. We safely ship ceramic sinks, toilets and bathtubs this way all across the globe. Because of this goods above 30 kg / 66 lbs take an additional 2-5 day processing time.
- Very large goods such as made-to-order furniture which is manufactured according to your requirements takes about 8 weeks for production plus another 4-6 weeks for shipping.
How will my order be shipped?
Depending on the weight and size of the product, we chose between the most reliable courier services DHL, FedEx or UPS for parcel shipments as well as air and sea freight shipping companies for goods exceeding 30 kg / 66 lbs in weight or dimensional weight. We take the most comprehensive packaging protection measures and will insure your goods for 110% of the value of the goods. Any mistakes in the logistics process will be borne by the insurance company. In case of unfortunate damage, we will work to help you get needed replacements as quickly as possible at no extra charge.
How are shipping costs calculated?
Shipping costs are calculated based on shipping method (air, sea or land) and product weight / volume. Different shipping companies have different rates, so we check and compare for each order which is most affordable and economical. Goods exceeding 30 kg / 66 lbs in weight or dimensional weight (calculated from the length, width and height of a package) can not be sent by normal parcel service and might incur surcharges for bulky goods. Shipping charges on all shipments (air and ground) will be determined by greater of the actual weight and dimensional weight of a package. Bulky goods are shipments that
- if cuboid, exceed the maximum dimensions of a normal parcel (120 x 60 x 60 cm, max. length 200 cm / 78.74 inch,
max. combined length and girth (=L+2xB+2xH)=300 cm / 118.11 inch),
- if roll-shaped, weigh more than 5 kg / 11 lbs or exceed a length of 120 cm / 47.24 inch or a diameter of 15 cm / 5.91 inch or
- have special packaging features (e.g. no cardboard packaging, wrapped in film or plastic, with protruding parts or uneven surfaces = non stackable).
For more details on how shipping costs are calculated, please contact us directly.
Are there any additional costs associated with the purchase?
Unless otherwise specified, all goods are delivered against advance payment and by mail. For cross-border deliveries you are responsible to pay the applicable import taxes and duties when the goods arrive at your country. Goods shipped by courier, express, or other commercial service usually are expedited through Customs and Border Protection by a customs broker hired by that commercial service and then delivered seamlessly to your door. There are a number of different charges associated with these services, including shipping and handling, the fees charged by the service for clearing the merchandise through Customs and Border Protection, as well as any Customs duty and processing fees that may be owed on your importation.
Goods exceeding 30 kg / 66 lbs in weight or dimensional weight are delivered free kerbside. Inside delivery, assembly, removal of debris, etc. can be booked as additional services for an extra fee.
For remote areas, islands or restriced locations (for example Manhattan) special surcharges may apply for certain delivery types due to additioncal costs for permits, access to buildings, parking, timetables, traffic control, etc. If you require delivery to such a location, we will contact you before shipping to discuss additional costs, available options and alternatives.
How are custom fees, import taxes and duties calculated?
For cross-border deliveries you are responsible to pay the applicable import taxes and duties when the goods arrive at your country. Goods shipped by courier, express, or other commercial service usually are expedited through Customs and Border Protection by a customs broker hired by that commercial service and then delivered seamlessly to your door. There are a number of different charges associated with these services, including shipping and handling, the fees charged by the service for clearing the merchandise through Customs and Border Protection, as well as any Customs duty and processing fees that may be owed on your importation.
For US Customers: Packages whose declared value is under $800 will generally be cleared without any additional paperwork prepared by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. If the item is less than $2,000 in value and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery.
You can calculate the duty assessed on your goods using the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), the master list classifying all types of goods and detailing the taxes to be levied on each category. Most furniture can be imported to the U.S. duty free, including seats, tables, beds, desks and shelves of any standard material.
Many import regulations only apply to goods imported for commercial – business or resale – purposes. For instance, most goods imported for personal use are not subject to quota. Further Information here.
What is the warranty on the products?
All products have a warranty of two years, which is provided directly by the manufacturer and valid only in the Italian territory. Within the rest of European Union, the warranty is normally valid for one year.
For information on worldwide warranty, we suggest you to contact the manufacturer before purchase (especially if you are interested in buying home appliances).
For household appliances, in case of need, simply call the closest authorized service center, showing your invoice.
For all other products, you can contact our After-Sales Service.
How do I request a quote?
We have professional designers and product consultants to provide you with professional advice. In order to accurately quote the price for your desired product, you need to provide us with the following details:
- Product brand and product name, model, series or picture.
- Product size: Usually most furniture products are available in multiple sizes. For example, sofas, dining tables, coffee tables, etc.; it is difficult to determine which one you want just by a picture, the model name or the product series. Therefore, you need to provide measurement information such as: 220 × 100 table, 120 × 120 coffee table, etc.
- Information on the desired material (fabric or leather), the grade of the material and the color. Furniture products of the same size often come in a variety of fabrics or materials for customers to choose. The most common example is the sofa. A three-seat sofa of the same style often has dozens or even hundreds of fabrics or leather colors to choose from. These fabrics and leathers are usually divided into several levels, each of which is divided into multiple colors. The pricing is determined by the grade.
- Different workmanship and materials will also affect the price; e.g. is the surface polished? Is the material walnut or ash or sandalwood? All these details will affect the price. Therefore, providing the material grade and workmanship details of the product is very important for accurate quotes.
* If you are not clear about the above product information, please contact us and we will provide you with advice and assistance in this regard.
How long is the delivery time for custom made furniture?
While we ship most small items that are in stock with express shipping and delivery will take place in a couple of days, when you are buying a piece of luxury furniture or decoration, you have to know that you are buying a special product. Many of those items are handmade and delicate, also sometimes bulky.
These features add value to your product, but they may cause longer processing time and must be carried by specialized transport couriers, which work with different logics than express couriers.
When you purchase on Villa-Di-Milano.com, we ask you to read the information on the product pages carefully. The indicated supply time is “average”, not maximum. Only working days (excluding local holidays) are calculated. So you should contact us when more than 3 days have passed after the scheduled date, and your order is not “in preparation” yet. In case of unexpected delays, we will contact you.
As explained in point 1., furnishings are often specifically produced for you, therefore the delivery time may be long. It depends on the manufacturing and supply time, on the destination, and on the specialized courier that safely transports the product. Generally we do not recommend to order custom made furniture if you need it urgently.
From our experience most brands and manufacturers need about 8 weeks to specifically produce the furnishings and then another 4-6 weeks are needed for shipping. The total delivery time is therefore 3-4 months.
How to request a refund?
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority. Therefore, you can request a refund or reshipment for ordered products if:
- you do not receive them within the guaranteed time (for parcel shipments below 30 kg / 66 lbs 45 days not including 2-5 day processing)
- you receive a wrong item
- you receive a broken item due to a manufacturing defect or transportation damage
We do not issue the refund if:
- your order does not arrive due to factors within your control (e.g. providing the wrong shipping address)
- your order does not arrive due to exceptional circumstances outside our control (e.g. not cleared by customs, delayed by a natural disaster).
- the product you ordered does not meet your required specs or local building code. Please do your due diligence in advance!
What if a product arrives damaged?
Through many years of experience, we have learned to package our products to withstand damage during shipping, avoid selling items easily damaged during shipping, and discontinue suppliers whose damage rate is too high. In the unlikely case that still something arrives from us that looks damaged, or if parts are missing, please notify us right away.
Please note that during the delivery of your order, you must check the packaging and the goods BEFORE you sign the courier’s receipt. Be aware that if no damage is reported on the courier’s receipt, we will not be able to help you solve the problem.
If the package is damaged, you must sign the courier’s receipt with reserve, and specify the type of damage. For example, you may write “goods received unchecked, because the packaging is damaged” or “the carton is broken”, etc.
Once you open the packages, if the contents are damaged, please log-in to your account and open a damage claim by clicking on After-Sales, at the bottom of the page. We will repair or replace the damaged product as quickly as possible.
Please, do accept the product, even if it is damaged. This simplifies and speeds up the replacement procedure.